AE4H is supporting student teams at the University of Waterloo to compete in the $1 million Hult Prize Social enterprise competition! This year's competition is all about energy access - harnessing the power of energy to transform millions of lives. Teams are tasked with developing a social enterprise strategy that addresses energy poverty issues. AE4H Manager Nigel Moore is helping to advise student teams. Any interested students are encouraged to contact Nigel at email@example.com.
How does the Hult Prize Work?
Win the Hult Prizecompetition or win online to make it to one of 15 Regional Semi-Final Rounds.This year's Regionals will be held in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, Toronto, Mexico City, Quito, Bogota, Melbourne, Lagos, Nairobi, Cairo, Tunisia, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore!
The top 50 Teams from Regionals are selected to go to the world's biggest and baddest incubator for social enterprise and from there, the Hult team and network of 25,000 coaches, advisers and mentors work to make your idea real.
After 8 weeks in the Hult Castle, the final six teams are selected to pitch at the United Nations hosted Global Finals.
The winner gets USD1,000,000.
For more information visit http://www.hultprize.org/
1) Download the 2018 Hult Prize Challenge: Current Challenge
2) Recruit your team
- Each team must have a minimum of 3 members
- Each team may have a maximum of 4 members
- All members must be University of Waterloo students at the time of registration
- One alumni is allowed per team but is not required
If you don't have a team but would like to find one, enter your information here: https://goo.gl/oJzBPu
3) Register your team
- Register your team here: http://hultprizeat.com/waterloo
- You will need to submit a Short Video pitch as well (details to come)
4) Get ready to pitch your idea!
- Take advantage of the entrepreneurial network at UW! Be sure to get feedback on your idea.
- Judging scorecards will be released soon to help you prepare!
- Be sure to like our Facebook page for updates: https://www.facebook.com/hultatuwaterloo/
- The Hult Foundation would love to see what you're up to! Share photos of your teams and your work to be shared with the world! Tweet at and don't forget the hashtags:
Here @ UW get connected to the people who want to make sure your team is a success!
Pragya Dawadi, Campus Director, Hult Prize @ University of Waterloo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Find an Advisor
Nigel Moore, Manager, Global Programs & Initiatives, Waterloo Institute for Sustainable energy - email@example.com
Find a Team
If you don't have a team but would like to find one, enter your information here:https://goo.gl/oJzBPu
Oct 24 - St. Paul's GreenHouse Problem Jam
Take the first steps necessary for problem solving and ideation! Register here!
Nov 2 - Speed Mentoring Night
Keep your eye on the Facebook page for event details.
Nov 15 - Registration and Video Pitch Deadline
Details for the Short Video Pitch will be released soon!
In the mean time, go ahead and register your team at http://hultprizeat.com/waterloo
Nov 22 - Hult PrizeSemi-Finals
You will be notified where and when you will be pitching by Nov 19!
Requirements for the Semi-Finals Pitch will be released soon!
Nov 29 - Hult PrizeFinals
Requirements for the Finals Pitch will be released soon!